Saturday 18 December 2010

Sternguard WIP

From Space Marines
Well it's not much to look at but it's all I have managed this week, it seems to be getting harder and harder to get decent time on the models.

These fellas are still only about 70% done, the left hand Marine has had all the green highlights done as a test to see how the colours work.
They still need the bone/parchment finishing and the little details, then I will have some freehand to do for the Veteran symbols on the shoulders, and the banner will have some flames running up it as well.

I am pleased with how they are coming along but I am still struggling to find a quick way of getting a good base that is easily shaded and then cleaned up without having to apply 2-3 coats of Snot Green.

I am thinking of trying a mix of Snot green and a foundation paint to give smooth single coat coverage, it's an issue that has plagued me for ages, I am not fast enough period!

This will be the last post until the new year I will post the finished pics here for everyone before I have a nice festive break.
And so to everyone who reads or posts here.

MERRY XMAS

2 comments:

  1. They look great! Surely they'll look even better when finished. I can't wait to see them in their full glory.

    Good work!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mate, if RL lets me they should be done on Monday and I'l get some closeup shots of them.

    ReplyDelete